How To Get Lighter Hair, Without Harmful Chemicals or Dyes

1 comment
I receive many compliments on my hair, either online or in person, and because of this, my hair is my pride and happiness! In my culture, beautiful, hair, teeth, and skin are the roots to having a great future (it's weird but I'm not going to question it). 
My hair is about 2 feet long, I pulled out a strand and measured it! Ouch! It's reddish, because I dyed it two years ago, and the dye is still here, with dark roots. I don't like hair dye because it is a terrible way to damage your hair, and I somewhat regretted dying my hair because for a while, my hair fell out in clumps. 
I believe that beautiful hair is important, but I also believe that chemicals are a terrible thing to put in your hair. Recently, I discovered a method to make hair lighter, but without the harmful effects of chemical and dye. This made me very excited, because I've been dying (pun intended) to make my hair lighter for the summer! 
I did more research on this method, and tried it out several times, and it works! 
This method is all natural, it uses:
1/2 cups of Honey
1 table spoon of Olive oil
1/4 cup of Cinnamon
1/3 cup Water
The honey is a great hair conditioner, and the olive oil makes your hair lighter. The cinnamon and olive oil are what makes your hair lighter, and the water is to make the honey less thick, so it's easier to apply. Olive oil is also great for making your hair shinny! You may apply a small amount of lemon juice, but be wear, if you have dark hair, it might make your hair reddish and lemon juice is better for blondes who want to make their hair lighter blonde. Lemon juice also dries your hair and scalp, I don't suggest it, but use with caution! 
Steps:
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and stir until it is a liquid. 
TIP: It looks like dirty water, but it smells delicious. Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes!
 For the 30 minutes, do something fun! Read a book, do light yoga, or get a snack! The cinnamon made me hungry so I ate.
2. Brush your damp hair, so there are no tangles. Hair can not be dry or dripping wet. 
3. Apply the mixture of sections of your hair and make sure it is evenly distributed. You may put the mixture in a spray bottle and spay it onto your hair! 
TIP: wear an old shirt, in case it gets messy! 
4. Wrap your hair in a shower cap or a plastic bag. You may wait at least one hour for your hair to absorb the mixture. You may also sleep with the mixture in your hair. 
5. After you are done waiting, rinse it out! 
Since this is all natural, it may affect a person differently, due to different hair color and length and thickness. You may adjust the measurements to fit your own hair! Since all these ingredients are natural, there is not much harm done to your hair! This technique is gradual and you may have to do this more than once to achieve the lightness you want for your hair! 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. could you do a 'before-after'-picture, when you do it again? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Very much appreciation for reading! Don't forget to drop a comment, have a fabulous day and stay prep!

Alexis Le. Powered by Blogger.